Tamil Nadu Sangeet Nataka Sangam was established by the state Government in the year 1955 to achieve the objectives of the Central Sangeet Natak Akademi at State level and foster traditional Tamil Arts. It was renamed as Tamil Nadu Eyal Isai Nataka Manram in the year 1973. This Organisation is implementing the following schemes from the grants sanctioned by the Tamil Nadu State Government.
Schemes Implemented by the Tamil Nadu Eyal Isai Nataka Mandram
- Conferment of Kalaimamani Award
- Financial Assistance to Indigent Artistes
- Family Maintenance Grant to the Families of deceased famous Artistes
- Inter State Cultural Exchange Programme
- Encouragement of Talented Young Artistes
- Grants to Folk Artistes / Troupes for purchase of Musical instruments and Costumes
- Grants for the Production of New Dramas
- Grants for the Production of New Dance-Dramas
- Grants for the Publication of Rare Books on Arts
- Documentation of Traditional Art forms
- Conducting Cultural Programmes
- Conferment of All India Level Awards for the Artistes in the name of “Mahakavi Bharathiyar”, “Great singer Tmt. M.S.Subbulakshmi”, and “Great Dancer Tmt. Balasaraswathi”.